To best prepare for your treatment, and minimise swelling and bruising we recommend:
- Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve one week prior to injections.
- Avoid supplements, including St. John’s Wort, gingko biloba, primrose oil, garlic, ginseng, and Vitamin E for one week prior to injections.
- Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinol, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid 2 days prior
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or hair removal cream on the area to be treated for 2 days prior.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours prior.
- Start taking Arnica a few days prior to the procedure. (This is not required, but can help to lessen bruising).
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another eruption of cold sores. Please let us know if you are prone and we can offer advice.
- Dr Tara cannot treat you if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any ingredients, or suffer from neurological disorders.
Please inform us if you have any questions about this prior to your treatment.